The practical, task-oriented approach, along with numerous tips, tricks, and additional techniques, all help to get you up to speed on the most important Visual Basic 2005 concepts and information. In no time, you'll be able to take control of your programming, apply what you've learned in real world scenarios, and get quick results.
What you will learn from this book
- How to install Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition and then navigate around the environment
- Various details about the user interface, event programming, and accessing data
- Ways to write proper programming code by creating additional features for your applications
- How Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition makes XML processing, data encryption, and notification dialogs smoother processes
Who this book is for
This book is for first-time programmers who are are ready to begin creating their own customized applications with Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition. No prior programming experience is necessary.
Wrox's Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition Starter Kit gives you the software tools you need to get started. It also provides structured tutorials that walk you through all the techniques you need to begin programming right away. The accompanying CD-ROM includes:
- Microsoft(r) Visual Basic 2005(r)Express Edition
- Microsoft(r) MSDN(r)2005 Express Edition
- Microsoft(r) SQL ServerTM 2005 Express Edition